Scott Gillespie is very active in the Health & Fitness industry, speaking nationally and internationally on successful member programming. He has been featured in industry publications and consults with independent clubs. He has served on industry Boards of Directors, shaping the industry’s future, including chairing the National Industry Public Policy Committee, creating legislation and lobbying on Capitol Hill on the industry’s behalf.
During this weeks show Scott talks about the Saco Sport & Fitness 90 day Commit to Get Fit program which is a comprehensive wellness program that focuses on education and behavior modification including nutrition, weight loss, individual and group exercise programs and stress management. Scott and his team have invested a lot in perfecting this program and during our chat, he takes us through insights into how they have made it such a great success.
What you’ll learn
- How to develop and adapt a program for your club
- How to keep participants engaged during the 90 days
- How Saco Sport uses dieticians in the club and for the program
- How to market an in-club program
- 01:23 – Overview of Saco Sport and Fitness
- 02:56 – About the Commit to get fit 90 day challenge
- 07:36 – How do you keep participants engaged during the program?
- 09:09 – How are the dieticians involved in the program
- 10:55 – How is the program billed?
- 13:12 – How do you promote and market the 90 day challenge?
- 16: 50 – Message from our podcast partner Precor
- 17:31 – Advice for fitness owners on starting their own challenge
- 19:14 – BONUS: Fitness Business Santa Sack is Open!
- 19:54 – Update from Dan Albaum at Precor
- 23:12 – Message from Podcast Partner Team Rock Star Fit
- 23:35 – Precor Quick Fire Five Guest: Marisa Hoff
Resources shared in the show
Saco Sport & Fitness President
Book recommended by Marissa Hoff: The Fred Factor
Precor Quick Fire Five
Check out the Intensive Series this month