Kate is the Director of People & Fitness Operations for the Newtown Athletic Club, a 250,000 sq ft individually owned Lifestyle Facility. She oversees all fitness and wellness operations for the club and was named as one of the 2017 IHRSA rising stars. During this weeks show, Kate shares tips on setting up your Personal Training team for success.
Steve Jensen is the founder and CEO of Impact Training Corporation, specializing in teaching people cutting edge sales, communications, leadership and public speaking skills. Steve gives us advice and an action plan on how to implement ideas we learn at training, on courses and at conferences.
What you’ll learn:
- Leadership behaviours that are needed to manage people
- Advice for new managers getting to know their team
- How to set up your Personal Training department for success
- How to implement the ideas we learn at training, on courses and at conferences
- 00:00 – Introduction to this weeks show
- 01:19 – Message from our podcast partner Precor
- 01:36 – Introducing Kate Golden from the Newtown Athletic Club
- 06:08 – What leadership behaviours are needed to lead a team?
- 08:05 – What challenges come from working with a large team?
- 10:14 – Advice for new managers leading a PT team
- 11:44 – Goal setting – a non-negotiable component of managing a team
- 15:35 – Introducing Steve Jensen from Impact Training Corporation
- 19:30 – Learning how to Show, Tell and Do!
- 21:34 – Choosing a team champion
- 23:40 – Useful skills for sharing information with others
- 26:05 – Steps for a learning action plan
- 31:21 – The Sales and Marketing 2020 Seminar
- 32:10 – Message from our podcast partner One Fit Stop
- 32:40 – BONUS Segment – The Virtual Roadshow Online
- 34:10 – Precor Quick Fire Five with Tom Breeze
Tweetables – Share The Experts Knowledge
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
Bonus Segment – The Virtual RoadShow
Go to www.VirtualRoadShow.online
Post a photo standing in front of your facility, with your business name or your logo in the shot, and upload your pic to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and hashtag #FBPFamily
I would love to see you, your facility and know where everyone in the #FBPFamily are listening from across the world!