Michelle Segar is a motivation scientist and author of critically acclaimed “No Sweat! How the Simple Science of Motivation Can Bring You a Lifetime of Fitness”. Michelle first appeared on The Fitness Business Podcast in show 33 when she talked about her book No Sweat. This week we caught up again and this time we chatted about:
- An exciting new project Michelle is working on that converts ideas from her book into a social media campaign
- She tells us about a new quiz she has developed to help people understand their own motivation profile
- We discuss the future of activity trackers and what they will include in years to come
- Plus Michelle leaves us with three great tips to action straight after this weeks show!
- 00:50 – Introducing this weeks show
- 02:53 – Introducing Michelle Segar
- 06:03 – Challenges on the road to success
- 07:57 – How did you discover your ‘Why’?
- 11:02 – What is coming up next for Michelle?
- 16:18 – What does 2017 hold?
- 17:01 – Michelle tells us about her new Quiz
- 19: 40 – Tell us about Train the Trainer
- 21:32 – What is the future of activity trackers?
- 30:11 – Three actions to take away and action today
- 36:20 – Sponsor message from Visual Fitness Planner
- 38:25 – Podcast wrap
- 39:15 – Listener questions
Top Tips From The Show
The hook to getting people to move more, sleep better and change their diet, is to help them become aware of how they feel in the moment.
When it comes to activity trackers we should be designing algorithms based on the core science of motivation and decision making – rather than just numbers and the future will do this. We will see activity trackers progress from ticks & numbers to feelings and enjoyment.
It is up to the fitness and health industry to help people understand that when they take better care of themselves through physical activity, they will start learning the benefits of, and developing the skill set for prioritising self care behaviour.
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
We are changing the way we engage with the end user – Michelle Segar
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
Tweetables – Share The Experts Knowledge To #STRENGTHEN
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! Comment below and you could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast!
Subscribe to The Fitness Business Podcast Channel to receive all our podcasts as they go live!