Lisa Simone Richards is a publicity expert for fitpros and wellness-preneurs who are dying to see themselves and their businesses featured in magazines, on TV and around the web. As the Principal of PR agency Vitality PR & Communications in Toronto and the creator of Make Media Friends an online PR school for health, fitness and wellness entrepreneurs; she’s here to teach you how to connect with the right media personalities and use the power of publicity to get your brand in the spotlight and attract your perfect clients.
During this show Lisa shares tips on where to start, how often to pitch stories, how to get published and how to get FREE publicity! All that and much more!
- 00:50 – Introducing this weeks show
- 02:51 – Meeting Lisa Simone Richards
- 04:30 – Hurdles on your road to success
- 05:13 – How do you determine if there is a story in your business?
- 07:26 – How often should you pitch stories to the media?
- 08:02 – What is the process of sending a press release?
- 10:09 – How do you identify what media our customers are consuming?
- 12:00 – Is it about who you know?
- 15:55 – What shouldn’t we do when reaching out to the media?
- 20:00 – What should we include in a media brief?
- 21:55 – How much do you pay a PR agency or consultant?
- 25:32 – Lisa’s Fitbizpiration to get FREE media coverage
- 28:06 – Message from sponsor Visual Fitness Planner
- 30:10 – BONUS Segment: Bill McBride talks about IHRSA 2016 and the IHRSA Institute
- 35:20 – Top take-aways
- 36:03 – Special gift for all our Tribe
Top Tips From The Show
Everybody has a story, the challenge is to come up with an interesting way to tell it.
Capitalise on stories that are already existing – think about seasonal stories around Winter, Summer etc.
Pitch when you have something of value to share.
Always consider how your product or service relates to the audience.
Social Media is a great way to connect to key media contacts like fitness and lifestyle editors.
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
Everybody has a story, the challenge is to come up with an interesting way to tell it – Lisa Simone Richards
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
Tweetables – Share The Experts Knowledge To #STRENGTHEN
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! Comment below and you could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast!
Subscribe to The Fitness Business Podcast Channel to receive all our podcasts as they go live!