Justin Tamsett is the Managing Director of Active Management. He has managed and owned fitness clubs since 1990, and now travels the globe speaking on topics from business skills to work-life balance. During this show, we visit Russia, London, New Zealand and Australia. We chat about some outstanding club branding, fit outs and marketing, plus JT explores the consumer trend of Status Deniers Vs Brand Fanatics.
Also in this weeks show we chat to Sharon Tousely from Podcast Prowess who gives us tips on intros and outros plus how to create calls to action for our podcast.
- 02:01 – An update from JT on fitness clubs in Russia and London
- 11:04 – Differentiate or Die – Why our industry needs a kick in the pants
- 18:50 – Consumer Trend: Status Deniers Vs Brand Fanatics
- 28:03 – Podcast Marketing – How to use intros and outros in your podcasts
- 33:52 – Podcast Wrap
Top Tips From The Show
- 90% of clubs only sell memberships – we have to differentiate our offering!
- As humans are programmed to pay attention to the unusual – why not be unusual and stand out from the crowd!
- Brand Fanatics have guilt free consumption of a product
- Status Deniers will only engage with you if you serve what their values are
- We can reward status around attendance, referrals and tenure of membership
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
“The common element between Brand Fanatics and Status Deniers is that they are both willing to make public statements about their brand” Justin Tamsett
“In business we have to decide, who are we going to go after? Are we going to celebrate and cater for our brand fanatics or are we going after our status deniers?” Justin Tamsett
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
JT on Facebook
JT on Twitter
Barrys BootCamp London
Brand Loyalty – Anytime Fitness
Simon Sinek Start with Why
Brand Loyalty – Reebok
Mind Body Online
Tweetables – share the Experts knowledge to #GROW
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! Comment below and you could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast! Subscribe to The Fitness Business Podcast Channel to receive all our podcasts as they go live!