Justin Tamsett is the Managing Director of Active Management. He has managed and owned fitness clubs since 1990, and now travels the globe speaking on topics from business skills to work-life balance. This weeks show we chat about how not to handle a customer complaint, What to do to ensure you monitor online activity about your business, plus we look at real life examples of businesses that have embraced Local Love and Rewarded Status.
Also in this weeks show, we here more from Tribe Team Training, the complete small group training business system that’s helping clubs make more money without having to sell more memberships.
- 00:36 – Overview of this weeks show
- 02:35 – Catching up with JT
- 04:40 – What not to do, when it comes to your customers
- 10:22 – Changes to Fitness Registration in Australia
- 15:00 – Top Takeaways from previous shows
- 16:28 – Examples of LOCAL LOVE in Fitness Businesses
- 23:00 – Examples of STATUS in Fitness Businesses
- 27:30 – The business book you NEED to Read!
- 32:00 – Sponsor Message – TRIBE Team Training
- 35:01 – SEPTEMBER GIVEAWAY
- 36:20 – Podcast Wrap
Top Tips From The Show
- Every business owner should monitor online activity, an easy way to keep track is by setting up Google Alerts.
- When you’re trying to engage customers, acknowledging something that happens in their life (eg: a birthday) is a key to engaging with them.
- Consumers love supporting local charities, you will get much higher engagement with your community if you are supporting charities and events at a local level.
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
We should survey our customers more often so we can adapt our services, based on the needs of the customer – Justin Tamsett, Active Management
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
WIN – Suunto Ambit 3 Sport Black Heart Rate Monitor!!
Tweetables – share the Experts knowledge to #GROW
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! Comment below and you could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast!
Subscribe to The Fitness Business Podcast Channel to receive all our podcasts as they go live!