Jay Baer, CSP (certified speaking professional) is the world’s most retweeted person among digital marketers.
He is a renowned business strategist, keynote speaker and the New York Times best-selling author of five books including Hug Your Haters.
Jay has advised more than 700 companies since 1994, including Caterpillar, Nike, Allstate, The United Nations and 32 of the FORTUNE 500.
He is the founder of Convince & Convert, a strategy consulting firm that helps prominent companies gain and keep more customers through the smart intersection of technology, social media, and customer service.
His Convince & Convert Media division owns the world’s #1 content marketing blog, the world’s top marketing podcast, and many other education resources for business owners and executives.
- 00:50 – Introducing this weeks show
- 03:45 – Meeting Jay Baer
- 04:54 – Have you faced any hurdles on your road to success?
- 05:59 – Tell us about Convince and Convert
- 08:37 – Where does the fitness industry fit in the Convince and Convert world?
- 09:44 – Do you have a favorite book you have written?
- 10:50 – 3 key points from the book: Youtility
- 14:31 – Where did you come up with the name – Hug your haters?
- 16:47 – What does it mean – complainers present an opportunity for us
- 18:38 – What are the two types of ‘haters’?
- 23:10 – The Social Pros podcast
- 24:17 – Advice from Jay on handling complaints
- 27:32 – Top 3 tips for strengthening your business
- 30:16 – Quick Fire Five with Susan Fowler
- 33:04 – Top Take-aways from this weeks show
Top Tips From The Show
- If you SELL something you can create a customer today, but if you HELP someone, you can create a customer for life.
- When you answer someones complaint, it takes a bad situation and makes it better – but if you don’t answer someones complaint it takes a bad situation and makes it worse. Jay’s advice is you must answer everybody!
- No response is a response – that says ‘we don’t care’.
- Answer every complaint, in every channel, every time.
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
If you SELL something you can create a customer today, but if you HELP someone, you can create a customer for life – Jay Baer
Answer every complaint, in every channel, every time – Jay Baer
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
Book Recommended by Susan Fowler
Man’s Search for Meaning
Show 47 – Mo Hagan
Tweetables – Share The Experts Knowledge To #STRENGTHEN
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! Comment below and you could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast!
Subscribe to The Fitness Business Podcast Channel to receive all our podcasts as they go live!