Casey Conrad is the President of Communication Consultants, WBS, Inc., they provide top quality sales and communication seminars for professionals in the health and fitness industry worldwide. She is the author of “Selling Fitness: The Complete Guide to Selling Health Club Memberships,” and has created 20 other sales, marketing and management books for the industry. She has presented in over 23 countries and is a regular featured columnist for countless publications.
During todays interview we talk Sales, Sales, Sales!!
We ask Casey about key numbers and benchmarks for sales people in our facilities, necessary skills all Membership Consultants should have, we talk to script or not to script and referrals! Casey also gives us her top tips for helping Personal Trainers close more sales.
- 01:20 – Introduction to Casey Conrad
- 03:53 – What trends have you seen in the fitness industry over the past few years?
- 09.10 – What are the key numbers to measure sales people performance?
- 15:47 – We talk about Caseys Books: Selling Fitness and Selling Personal Training
- 18.15 – What has changed in Selling Fitness over the years?
- 19:15 – Are sales processes outdated?
- 21:32 – What skill set should a Membership Consultant have?
- 26:22 – How do we ask for referrals?
- 35:00 – Sales tips for Personal Trainers
- 38:05 – What areas do fitness business owners need to focus on to improve their sales?
- 45:11 – Introduction to Haagon East from Tribe Team Training
- 51.28 – Podcast Wrap
Top Tips From The Show
A Membership Consultant for your club should be an outgoing person. They have to be a natural networker and they have to be able to quickly establish rapport with anyone.
Sales scripts are not dead! They just need to be tweaked to meet technology and a savvier customer.
Questions force the Membership Consultant to extract what the customer wants and what’s important to them. It’s also the same skill set that helps overcome objections.
You should be asking for referrals and framing the customer mindset from the very beginning. If you are not having the referral conversation on the tour, you are missing a huge piece of the process.
If you can get your trainers to embrace the concept that selling is nothing more than education plus motivation, then you will have a much easier time getting them to earn a customers business.
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
“Selling is nothing more than education plus motivation” Casey Conrad
“You have to be creative about how you get people through the doors” Casey Conrad
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
Books Mentioned In The Show
Selling Fitness: The Complete Guide to Selling Health Club Memberships
Selling Personal Training
Tribe Team Training
The December Giveaway!
Tweetables – Share The Experts Knowledge To #GROW
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! Comment below and you could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast!
Subscribe to The Fitness Business Podcast Channel to receive all our podcasts as they go live!