An Coppens is the Chief Game Changer at Gamification Nation Ltd, which offers gamification design services, serious game design and an online gamification support community.
Her solutions are designed to encourage winning behaviours and improve business results in the areas of sales, recruitment, learning and productivity. Projects she has worked on included reviewing onboarding of sales staff and their incentivisation, assisting managers with getting ready for the new hire, website gamification for food ordering site, gamification of an in-house learning curriculum, membership site gamification, etc. Most of the work she does is focused on employee engagement.
She is an award winning business coach, learning & development professional, author and speaker. She is a prolific blogger on gamification through www.gamificationnation.com and tweets under her Twitter alter ego @GamificationNat. In summer 2016 she will publish her 4th book called “Creating competitive advantage from the inside out through gamification”, which she hopes will be a must read for HR decision makers.
Her 3rd book called “Gamification in business” is available for download. Click here to download now.
- 00:50 – Introduction to this weeks show.
- 02:27 – Quick Fire Five with An Coppens.
- 06:45 – The journey to becoming the Chief Game Changer.
- 10:22 – What is Gamification?
- 11:50 – Becoming an expert in gamification.
- 18:17 – External and internal motivation – how does gamification fit in?
- 22:05 – How do you engage members with gamification?
- 23:50 – Example of increasing member engagement in your business.
- 30:05 – Do you need to use technology for gamification?
- 33:00 – How can gamification be used for professional development?
- 38:00 – Getting started with gamification.
- 39:15 – Fitbizpiration Top 3 tips.
- 42:45 – Sponsor Message from Tribe Team Training.
- 45:35 – Take-aways from this weeks show.
- 46:33 – Introducing AirActive App.
- 55:35 – FILEX 2016 with Ryan Hogan.
Top Tips From The Show
Appeal to the intrinsic and extrinsic motivations of your members in #gamification. The carrot gets them started, true motivation keeps them going.
It’s the word of mouth and the buzz you create around the game, that will get more and more people involved.
Challenges are a great way to get fitness members and clients engaged with your business.
If you are going to run a challenge, think it through from the start and make sure your team is totally behind it.
Do short challenges to get people started, try out at least 6 different ways to reach your members and clients via gamification.
This year – an Olympic year – is a great time to introduce gamification into your business, even steal.
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
“I love to see people win!” An Coppens
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
An Coppens – Gamification Nation Ltd
Tweetables – Share The Experts Knowledge To #STRENGTHEN
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! Comment below and you could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast!
Subscribe to The Fitness Business Podcast Channel to receive all our podcasts as they go live!