Adam Robinson is the co-founder and CEO of Hireology, where he’s on mission to help business owners make better hiring decisions using predictive data and innovative technology. He is a noted recruiting industry expert, speaker, and author with over 20 years of experience in the field of hiring and selection management.
During the show we discuss:
- The importance of finding the right person for the job
- Should you hire on attitude or skills?
- What holistic evaluation means and why is it important
- The role for behavioural profiling in the interview process
Also, later in the show we hear from Linh Trinh the host of the Online Trainers Summit, an online event for personal trainers.
- 00:50 – Introducing this weeks show
- 02:13 – Meeting Adam Robinson
- 03:02 – Hurdle on the road to success
- 06:00 – The importance of finding the right person for the job
- 07:33 – Should we focus on KPI’s or responsibilities?
- 08:15 – Should you hire on attitude or skills?
- 10:10 – Can applicants fake an attitude?
- 12:48 – What holistic evaluation means and why is it important
- 17:15 – Should we talk references?
- 19:31 – 3 tips to keep staff within your business
- 22:10 – Steps for outsourcing recruitment
- 24:30 – Top tips for hiring the right people
- 28:40 – Top take-aways from this weeks show
- 30:35 – Linh Trinh talks about the Online Trainers Summit
Top Tips From The Show
KPI’s are essential because they tell us if we are on track to achieving the outcomes we’ve set.
When discussing hiring on attitude or skill, Adam told us attitude to hard work is hard wired and tightly correlated with success in your job.
To identify attitude during an interview, ask probing questions and listen for the word choices they answer with.
When talking about Emotional Intelligence, reference checks are essential – the best source of information about a persons performance comes from the managers that have had experience working with them.
Behavioural profiles (such as Myers Briggs and DISC) are great tools for management and on boarding, but should not be used to hire someone.
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
Once you hire great people get the heck out of the way and let them do their job – Adam Robinson
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
Online Trainers Summit
Tweetables – Share The Experts Knowledge To #STRENGTHEN
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! Comment below and you could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast!
Subscribe to The Fitness Business Podcast Channel to receive all our podcasts as they go live!